To ensure the safety of everyone at camp, please provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (any kind) taken no more than three days before arrival.
Proof of a negative COVID-19 test will include the following:
- the result of the test by either photograph or screenshot
- the date and time of the test
The H. E. Butt Foundation strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccination for all who are eligible to receive it. However, vaccination is not required for 2022 LLYC summer registration or seasonal employment.
Our COVID-19 policies are written in pencil, not ink, and we adjust regularly as conditions allow. We have a working team that meets at least once per week to review our COVID-19 policies in light of changing circumstances.
We examine a range of regional data, including daily new cases, infection rate, positive test rate, local ICU capacity, vaccination percentage, and the relative vulnerability of our communities and the populations we are serving.
We also consult with trusted medical professionals who understand our unique camp and retreat environment and/or have infectious disease expertise. Additionally, we follow the guidance of the CDC.
Campers who have experienced exposure to someone who is COVID-19 positive will
- Be tested for COVID-19 five days after exposure.
- If test results continue as negative, then the camper will be permitted to continue to participate in all outdoor camp activities. (Keep in mind that meals are the only programmed activity that takes place indoors. Therefore, any camper who has experienced exposure will eat meals outside on the Ranch House porch with other campers and staff for 10 days following their exposure.)
- Any camper who tests positive for COVID-19 will be immediately isolated until a parent or guardian can arrive to transport the camper home.
- We will also send an email to parents about camper exposure to COVID-19.