Enjoy your favorite camp classic from home!
What screams camp more than Corpus Christi cake?! Read the instructions below and share your creations on social media tagging us or by submitting them to this dropbox folder! You can also send in images using the short form at the bottom of this page.
We can’t wait to see what you cook up!
Gather your ingredients:
1 BOX YELLOW CAKE MIX
1 CUP WATER
3 LARGE EGGS
1/3 CUP CANOLA OIL
1 STICK UNSALTED BUTTER, MELTED
1/4 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
1 TABLESPOON GROUN CINNAMON
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use cooking spray to grease a 9 x 13 baking dish or cake pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, and canola oil.
- Whisk vigorously until the batter is smooth, about two minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Now the topping!
- After baking, allow the cake to cool completely in the pan. Then, using a fork, poke holes throughout the cake.>
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the cake, using a pastry brush to spread it evenly over the surface, if needed.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake liberally with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy a sliver of LLYC.